Seven Colored Inari Sushi with Black Rice.
How to make it simple, we can prepare Seven Colored Inari Sushi with Black Rice using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to cook it.
Ingredients of Seven Colored Inari Sushi with Black Rice
- It’s 2 tbsp of Black rice.
- Prepare 360 ml of White rice.
- You need 100 grams of of a, 50 grams of b Edamame (A – in the pods) (B – shelled).
- Prepare 30 grams of Corn kernels.
- Prepare 1/6 of of a carrot Carrots (2 mm julienne).
- It’s 5 of Aburaage (small ones, about 11 x 6 cm square).
- You need 30 grams of Chirimen jako.
- It’s 2 tbsp of White toasted sesame seeds (or golden sesame seeds if you have them).
- It’s 250 ml of 〇 Dashi stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of 〇 Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of 〇 Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of 〇 Mirin.
- You need 1 tbsp of ◎ Sake.
- You need 10 cm of piece ◎ Kombu to made dashi stock (to cook the rice).
- It’s 5 tbsp of ◆ Vinegar.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ◆ Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ◆ Salt.
Seven Colored Inari Sushi with Black Rice step by step
- Rinse the rice, drain into a fine mesh sieve and leave for about 15 minutes. Put the rice in the bowl of a rice cooker with the carrot, black rice, ◎ sake and ◎ kombu, and cook with just a little less water than usual (about 2 mm lower than the regular rice setting)..
- Slice the aburaage into halves so each half makes a little pouch. ※Roll gently with a rolling pin (over plastic wrap) if they're difficult to open up..
- Pour boiling water over the opened up aburaage to get rid of the surface oil. Simmer for about 20 minutes in the dashi stock, soy sauce an mirin, covered with a small lid sitting directly on the contents of the pan (otoshibuta)..
- When the aburaage is cooked and the sauce reduced, turn the heat off and leave to rest in the pan until cool..
- The flavor of the simmered aburaage varies on the soy sauce you use, so adjust to taste..
- Mix the ◆ ingredients together, or use bottled sushi vinegar. When the rice has finished cooking, take out the kombu and mix in the edamame and corn while still hot. Close the rice cooker after you've added these and leave it on the keep-warm setting for about 3 minutes..
- Make the sushi rice: Turn the hot rice out into a bowl, Add the sushi vinegar (or the combined ◆ ingredients and mix in while fanning the rice. When the rice has cooled down a bit add the chirimen jako and sesame seeds..
- Stuff the sushi rice attractively in the simmered aburaage pockets to finish..
- I also have a recipe for Seven Color Mixed Rice Using Black Rice..