Classic french toast. Classic French Toast recipe with a secret ingredient that makes them perfectly fluffy! One of our family's favorite breakfasts! French toast is perfect for breakfast, also its a very good brunch.
Get our recipe for classic French toast, made using any bread you like best. Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla. Serve French toast with butter, maple syrup, jam, and/or powdered sugar. You can cook Classic french toast using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic french toast
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 8 slice of bread.
I added cinnamon into the egg & cream mixture because I can't imagine French toast without a little warm spicy goodness. This is a yummy classic French Toast recipe of mine. This French Toast actually works better with day old or longer bread, because the bread won't fall apart when soaking in egg mixture. This classic overnight French toast recipe is made with simple ingredients and is so easy to make!
Classic french toast step by step
- Mix eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract, milk together in a medium, shallow bowl.
- Heat large non-stick skillet or griddle to medium-high heat.
- Slice bread in half to make triangles (giving you double the number of original slices; in this case: 16 triangles).
- Quickly dip each triangle into liquid on each side, covering completely & place 3-4 triangles in the hot skillet at a timea.
- Allow each side to reach a deep golden brown then flip & repeat, remove from skillet.
- Repeat until no more bread is remaining.
- Enjoy with a little bit of butter, a dusting of confectionery sugar, nut crumbles, syrup OR a combination of the above! Pair with egg whites for an ultra tasty breakfast :).
How to Make this French Toast Bake Recipe – Overnight or A la Minute. Classic french toast requires just a handful of pantry staples to make, which is why it's so important that you buy high-quality ingredients. Here's what goes into this homemade french toast recipe Just a nice basic french toast recipe. This actually works better with stale bread, go figure. Classic French toast is a quick and delicious breakfast treat.