Cheddar and Bacon Scones.
You can cook Cheddar and Bacon Scones using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cheddar and Bacon Scones
- You need of flour.
- Prepare of Granulated Sugar.
- It’s of bacon chopped.
- Prepare of baking powder.
- You need of baking soda.
- You need of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need of cold unsalted butter.
- Prepare of heavy Cream.
- You need of egg.
- It’s of chopped green onions.
- You need of Egg wash – one egg beaten with a touch of water.
Cheddar and Bacon Scones instructions
- Cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat until crispy, use a slotted spoon to remove the bacon on to a plate and allow to cool completely. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper..
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, black pepper and salt, mix just to combine. Add the cold butter and one cup of the cheddar and mix it just until the butter has broken up a bit and is distributed evenly throughout the dry ingredients..
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, add it to the dry mixture and mix until the dough comes together. Stir in the cooked and crispy bacon along with the green onions and make sure they are both evenly distributed..
- Dump it onto a floured board and shape into a circle or a rectangle that’s about 3/4 inch thick. Cut the scones into desired shape and place them on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash and remaining cheddar. Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, let them cool completely..