Pecan pie filling. Prepare pecan pie filling and fill pie crust as directed in recipe. To make this pie extra pretty, arrange a few pecans in a decorative pattern on top of the filling before it goes into the oven. Pecan pie is a scrumptious dessert that is especially delicious on Thanksgiving, Christmas and other winter days.
This pecan pie filling recipe turns out beautifully and is easy to follow. Pecan Pie is Southern baking at its finest. It's made from pecans, with a filling that includes butter, sugar, eggs, and Karo® Corn Syrup. we can cook Pecan pie filling using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Pecan pie filling
- You need 3 of slightly beaten eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of corn syrup.
- It’s 2/3 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of melted butter.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of pecan halves.
The subtle sweetness of the Karo® Corn Syrup is what really. With a homemade crust, sweet pecan filling and a touch of molasses, this is THE pecan pie for your Thanksgiving table! Make it a day or two ahead, or freeze it for even longer. This sweet, melt-in-your mouth pecan pie filling—from an old Southern family recipe—is like heaven on an autumn day.
Pecan pie filling step by step
- preheat oven to 350°F..
- combine eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla extract. mix well..
- line a 9 inch pie plate with pastry..
- line pastry shell with all the pecans..
- place pan on oven rack. carefully pour the filling into the pastry shell..
- to prevent overbrowning, cover edge of pie with foil. bake in oven for 25 minutes. remove foil..
- bake for 20-25 minutes more or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean..
- cool on wire rack. cover and refrigerate within 2 hours..
In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Pecan pie is an American classic. It's been a cherished dessert for at least a century from north to You'll know the pie is done when the filling is set (a slight wobble is OK) and the filling reaches. The Filling is pretty straight forward. There are many Pecan Pie variations – chocolate, maple, etc etc – but if you're sticking with the classic, the ingredients are fairly standard.