Real Spanish omelette.
You can cook Real Spanish omelette using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Real Spanish omelette
- You need 500 g of new potato 1 onion, preferably white 150ml extra-virgin.
- It’s of oil.
- It’s 3 tbsp of chopped flat-leaf parsley 6 eggs.
Real Spanish omelette instructions
- Scrape 500g new potatoes or leave the skins on, if you prefer. Cut them into thick slices. Chop 1 onion.
- Heat 150ml extra-virgin olive oil in a large frying pan, add the potatoes and onion and stew gently, partially covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are softened. Strain the potatoes and onion through a colander into a large bowl (set the strained oil aside.
- Beat 6 eggs separately, then stir into the potatoes with 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley and plenty of salt and pepper. Heat a little of the strained oil in a smaller pan.
- Tip everything into the pan and cook on a moderate heat, using a spatula to shape the omelette into a cushion.
- When almost set, invert on a plate and slide back into the pan and cook a few more minutes..
- Invert twice more, cooking the omelette briefly each time and pressing the edges to keep the cushion shape. Slide on to a plate and cool for 10 minutes before serving..