Simple Dirty Rice. Bring The French Quarter To Your Kitchen With Zatarain's® Recipes & Ideas For Inspiration. Dirty Rice (Easy) Recipe by Vseward Chef-V. While visiting a friend recently she made this as a side dish with chicken.
However, it was a big hit! Next time I make it, I'll do so with a spanish meal! It is hearty and delicious while being so simple. How to make it not difficult, we can create Simple Dirty Rice using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here are the ingredients and how to achieve it.
Ingredients of Simple Dirty Rice
- It’s 4 cup of parboiled rice.
- It’s 1 of med chicken liver.
- You need 1 of small red pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 of small onion.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh garlic.
- It’s Dash of yellow food coloring.
- You need Dash of cumin.
- You need Dash of oregano.
- You need to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It’s 2 cubes of or small packs of chicken bullion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of bacon bits (optional).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canned peas.
- It’s 1/2 cup of canned sweet corn.
- You need 2 of tblsp olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 8 oz of beer (light).
This recipe is easy and perfect for a weekend night. No need for lots of different pans or tons of complicated ingredients. Dirty Rice Recipe comes together quickly and easily for a meal everyone will enjoy. This Easy Dirty Rice is the perfect recipe!
Simple Dirty Rice instructions
- Boil chicken liver for 10 min or until cooked, let cool and dice finely.
- Sauté onion, pepper,and garlic in the olive oil about 3 to 4 min,then add the wine and bring to boil.
- Add rice, bullion and seasonings, a pinch of coloring,oregano, cumin, salt& pepper, bacon bits,,bay leaf, along with 4 cup of water, cover and cook on med for 20 min. Uncover, add the beer, the corn and the peas, mix well and let cook for another 5 to 6 min. Adjust seasonings for final taste. Serve and enjoy.
Made with cajun seasoning, ground beef, white rice, celery, onion, and garlic this dish is flavor packed! Dirty rice just got dirtier, thanks to Chef John's additions of pork shoulder, andouille sausage, tons of aromatic vegetables, and more liver than before. This dirty rice uses only red bell peppers and omits the green bell peppers found in other dirty rice recipe, which makes for a smoother flavor. Our Test Kitchen explains, "The finely chopped vegetables are pleasing to the palate but do not interfere with the mouthfeel of the rice. […] [There's] light heat and plenty of flavor, and it. Cajun dirty rice, so called for its "dirty" appearance, is usually only complete with the addition of chicken livers.